Got a question? Find the answers to frequently asked questions and get in touch with our team!
Contact our dedicated education team using the form below...
Answers to the most frequently asked questions about educational visits to Yorkshire Wildlife Park:
We have the Visit Britain ‘Good to go’ mark and have the Covid-19 secure certificate from Kaddi, the only activity search site linked to the LOTC site.
Here are some of the safety precautions that we are putting in place.
- There will be a strict 2m social distancing policy at the park.
- We have reviewed all our pathways so please pay attention to the signs. Where paths are narrower, you may be asked to walk in single file to allow 2m passing width for oncoming guests. Lion Country, Tiger / Okapi Walkway & Into Africa are all one-way only.
- There is a map available to download for your visit here or you can download it on our App, rather than the paper version. The YWP App is free through the Apple App Store or via Google Play for android device, simply search for Yorkshire Wildlife Park.
- In key places where guests might need to queue, there will be 2m distance markers as a reminder.
- There will be plenty of reminders around the park for guests to maintain social distancing of 2m and our staff will have been specially trained to help support safe visits.
- Washing hands and using hand sanitiser is really important – there are plenty of wash stations round the park and opportunities to use hand sanitiser.
- Most of our cafes and restaurants are open and we are asking people to register their details with us as per government guidance.
- The animal ranger talks are currently suspended.
- Our Cleaning Team have super enhanced and increased their cleaning programmes. There will also be staff monitoring queues and cleaning at each of the toilet blocks. All cleaning procedures are updated in line with Government guidelines.
No, education groups will enter the park from the old entrance located off Warning Tongue Lane. Please ensure your coach drivers are aware of this. You will enter the park through the shop, where a member of the team will be waiting to check you in. We will confirm numbers in your party and take a contact number from your trip leader in case of any emergencies.
Pre-booked school visits MUST enter the park via the Warning Tongue Lane entrance only. Please use postcode DN4 6TB.
Yes, a large dedicated education group coach and car park is accessible via an intercom controlled gate from Warning Tongue Lane, DN4 6TB. Pre-booked education groups should NOT enter via the new entrance from Hurst Lane! Ensure your driver is aware of this before departing.
No, we are unable to accept payment on the day of your visit. All visitors must currently pre-book and pre-pay for their visits in advance.
Refunds are currently unavailable for both admission and pre-booked sessions, due to restricted numbers permitted on site and high demand. We can however re-arrange your educational visit to a different day.
YWP does not offer storage for students’ belongings. We currently cannot allow any visitors to leave the park to collect their lunches and re-enter the park. Teachers should plan for bags to be carried by children or school staff. Please also make sure that no food or drink is consumed inside the animal walkthrough areas.
We are asking education groups to move around the park in smaller groups to aid social distancing measures in place around the park. Please use your free adult ratios wisely to do this. Some pathways are narrow, and others have a one-way system in place which are not suitable for large groups. We are asking all visitors to the park to be mindful of others during their visit.
Yes, you can book the sessions dependant on availability. The content / topic of the sessions may have changed since your last visit, so please check the education session pages for details. The sessions in the classrooms have been risk assessed to ensure that they continue to be covid secure.
The education team can check availability of the sessions before you book your visit. We also have virtual and outreach programmes in place. Please see the education pages on this site for more info.
Most toilet facilities on park are open with additional safety restrictions and sanitisation measures in place.
Many toilets are available as you first enter the park, which are more suitable for larger school groups. A member of the team can direct you upon entry.
There is a disabled toilet available in the courtyard with a hoist facility, please see a member of staff if these facilities are required during your visit.
We would advise that schools pre-order and pay for goody bags to save any queuing on the day. The gift store will be open and can be accessed on your exit from the Park. To ensure social distancing can be maintained, there may be a limited number of guests allowed in the shop at any one time. If the shop is at maximum capacity, you will be asked to queue outside of the shop until it is safe for you to enter.
We recommend this, as it will help you plan your day and your route around the park. Once you have booked your school visit to us, please complete the pre-visit form to receive your ticket.
If you book Monday – Friday, the YWP education team are available to offer further advice and discuss your education sessions.
Please note that if family members wish to join you when you complete your pre-visit, they will need to pre-book a timed entry admission ticket.
In line with government regulations, it is not mandatory for guests to wear face coverings when visiting our retail shops, gift store and indoor counter service food locations. It is not mandatory for PPE to be worn during education sessions, however, please do so if you wish. The education team will be wearing their masks during parts of the indoor sessions.
We will be following government guidelines that have been put in place for outdoor attractions which includes strictly limiting the number of guests at any one time and entry by advanced booking only. We have introduced time slots for our general visitors to ensure that arrivals are spaced out and staff will be monitoring the carpark and queues at the entrance.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Price|
|Students (aged 3-16)||£8.50|
|2 year olds||£5.50|
|Education Session (per child)*||£1.80|
Free adult ratios >>> Primary = 1 free adult for every 5 students and secondary 1 free adult for every 10 students.