School Visit FAQs
Here are some of the safety precautions that we are putting in place.
- There will be a strict 2m social distancing policy at the park.
- We are currently operating as a cashless site, so no money can be taken.
- We have reviewed all our pathways so please pay attention to the signs. Where paths are narrower, you may be asked to walk in single file to allow 2m passing width for oncoming guests. Lion Country, Tiger / Okapi Walkway & Into Africa are all one-way only.
- There is a map available to download for your visit here or you can download it on our App, rather than the paper version. The YWP App is free through the Apple App Store or via Google Play for android device, simply search for Yorkshire Wildlife Park.
- In key places where guests might need to queue, there will be 2m distance markers as a reminder.
- There will be plenty of reminders around the park for guests to maintain social distancing of 2m and our staff will have been specially trained to help support safe visits.
- Washing hands and using hand sanitiser is really important – there are plenty of wash stations round the park and opportunities to use hand sanitiser.
- Most of our cafes and restaurants are open and we are asking people to register their details with us as per government guidance.
- The animal ranger talks are currently suspended. The Big Bug Show is still running with social distancing measures in place.
- Our Clean Team have super enhanced and increased their cleaning programmes. There will also be staff monitoring queues and cleaning at each of the toilet blocks. All cleaning procedures are updated in line with Government guidelines.
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
We know booking school trips can sometimes be a bit stressful, so if you do have any queries or just want to speak to a member of the Education team don’t hesitate to contact us on 01302 535057 EXT:77 or fill in the contact form below:
Booking a visit to Yorkshire Wildlife Park is easy! Just click the button below and follow the steps.