PLAN YOUR DAY
Make sure you have everything you need and have planned thoroughly to make the most out of your visit at Yorkshire Wildlife Park.
A DAY AT YORKSHIRE WILDLIFE PARK
Most schools tend to arrive around 10:00 am.
School children accompanied by their teachers can explore as they wish, play in the play areas and enjoy a picnic!
Students can also enjoy a 30-40 minute interactive hands on education session.
Our Safari Store is great for children to shop for something to remind them of their day or pre-order goodie bags!
We hate to see you go, however most schools depart from Yorkshire Wildlife Park at around 2:30pm.
FAST TRACK ENTRY
As a growing business, Yorkshire Wildlife Park are constantly updating to make your visit a happier experience. With this in mind, we are now offering new fast track entry system for school visits.
Pre-pay for your visit at least two weeks in advance and you can request Yorkshire Wildlife Park wristbands to enable quicker entry on the day of your visit.
If you would like to find out more or request wristbands please give the education team a call on 01302 535057 Ext. 77.
EDUCATION SESSIONS 2018
The indoor sessions have been amended in line with Government re-opening guidelines and are all covid-19 secure. We also have a range of brand-new outdoor tours and virtual packages available. We have had to currently suspend any live animal handling in the sessions due to Covid-19 restrictions.
The sessions have been developed according to national curriculum and exam board syllabus objectives. Dependent on which topic is booked, students will have the opportunity to view and touch animal bio facts such as bones, horns & feathers.
If you require education sessions as part of your visit, make sure you select them on your online booking form. All sessions must be pre-booked as only a limited number are available. Classrooms are fully accessible, but please remember to inform us of any other information we should be aware of, to ensure your sessions run as smoothly as possible.
We know how important it is for you to organise your school visits down to the finest detail. That’s why we offer free pre-visits to teachers so that all the planning can be done in advance. You can then relax and enjoy the visit with your pupils. Simply complete the pre-visit form, email it back to us at email@example.com and we will get you booked in!
We ask that you give us 5 working days to authorise the form. You will then receive an e-ticket. Make sure you bring it along on the day of your pre-visit and you’ll be admitted free of charge (please note you will not be admitted free of charge into the park without this ticket and we do not offer any refunds on purchased tickets). The pre-visit only entitles one teacher free entry per visiting class and we are only able to send 1 ticket per email address.
Relatives and friends are, of course, welcome to join you but normal park admission rates will apply for them.
Pre-visits are not available on bank holidays or on park event days.
ARRIVALS AND PAYMENTS
Please reiterate to coach drivers that THE ONLY ACCESS TO YWP IS FROM WARNING TONGUE LANE. When your coaches arrive at YWP, they will be directed where to park.
We are currently asking that schools give us an estimated time of arrival, as a member of the YWP Education team will come and meet you off your coach and escort you into the park. We ask that the lead teacher has the final numbers for your visit and an emergency contact telephone number for the day ready to give to our education team.
School groups will use a separate entrance to our timed entry admission visitors and will enter the park through a gate on the opposite side of the courtyard. School groups will be escorted through the courtyard and directly through an admission gate straight into the park.
We only have a limited number of toilets in the toilet block in the car park, but numerous toilets will be pointed out to you as you enter the park.
Payment is needed before the day of your visit. We cannot take payments on the day. We reserve the right to refuse admission if payment is not made on arrival.
YWP does not offer storage for students’ belongings. Teachers should plan for bags to be carried by children or school staff. We are currently unable to allow any visitors to leave the park to collect belongings from vehicles and then re-enter the park. Please make sure that no food or drink is consumed in the animal walkthroughs.
RAINY DAY/SEVERE WEATHER
Please check the weather forecast before you depart for Yorkshire Wildlife Park and ensure students bring appropriate clothing if it is raining. We are primarily an outdoor facility and no refunds will be given once you enter the park. Our South American village and our big bug play area feature numerous undercover seating areas and we try our best to accommodate schools on severely bad weather days with an indoor eating area (although this is not guaranteed). Undercover seating areas cannot be reserved, they are purely on a first come first serve basis.
Students may eat their lunches on any of the outdoor picnic tables that are located throughout YWP. There are rubbish bins and recycle bins distributed throughout our park. Please ensure students leave picnic areas tidy.
Education visits are non-refundable, unless in extreme circumstances, but can be transferred to another date.
Visiting schools are responsible for their students’ first aid needs, please ensure all adults in your party know this. If school parties split into smaller groups then it is the responsibility of the supervising adult to contact the school’s first aider. We do sell a range of items including plasters & wet wipes in the vending machines located inside the monkey play house. If a serious incident occurs and the school’s first aiders require assistance then please notify the nearest member of YWP staff and an emergency first aider will attend.
Pre-book some optional extras to take the stress out of your day. Simply tick the box on the booking form and we can arrange this for you.
- Add a bulk order of ice creams or ice lollies to your visit from as little as £1 per child and pick them up on the day at a time that suits you.
- Pre-book our SAFARI STORE gift bags for your class for £4.00 per child. Pick them up on arrival or when you leave.
- Pre-order guidebooks for your class and receive a discounted price.
- Add an animal adoption box on to your order. If you book an education session this can be presented to your class on behalf of the YWPF providing a great class photo opportunity! The box includes a cuddly toy of your chosen animal, certificate with your class or school name, photograph of your chosen animal, a fact sheet of your chosen animal, 1x individual Free Admission for any date, 1x individual Free Admission on adopter’s day in October & 10% off an Annual Pass.
- Pre-order Bear Necessities activity booklets for a discounted price.
Here are some of the safety precautions that we are putting in place.
- There will be a strict 2m social distancing policy at the park.
- We are currently operating as a cashless site, so no money can be taken.
- We have reviewed all our pathways so please pay attention to the signs. Where paths are narrower, you may be asked to walk in single file to allow 2m passing width for oncoming guests. Lion Country, Tiger / Okapi Walkway & Into Africa are all one-way only.
- There is a map available to download for your visit here or you can download it on our App, rather than the paper version. The YWP App is free through the Apple App Store or via Google Play for android device, simply search for Yorkshire Wildlife Park.
- In key places where guests might need to queue, there will be 2m distance markers as a reminder.
- There will be plenty of reminders around the park for guests to maintain social distancing of 2m and our staff will have been specially trained to help support safe visits.
- Washing hands and using hand sanitiser is really important – there are plenty of wash stations round the park and opportunities to use hand sanitiser.
- Most of our cafes and restaurants are open and we are asking people to register their details with us as per government guidance.
- The animal ranger talks are currently suspended. The Big Bug Show is still running with social distancing measures in place.
- Our Clean Team have super enhanced and increased their cleaning programmes. There will also be staff monitoring queues and cleaning at each of the toilet blocks. All cleaning procedures are updated in line with Government guidelines.
Booking a visit to Yorkshire Wildlife Park is easy! Just click the button below and follow the steps.
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
We know booking school trips can sometimes be a bit stressful, so if you do have any queries or just want to speak to a member of the Education team don’t hesitate to contact us on 01302 535057 EXT:77 or fill in the contact form below: