#EarthDay is the perfect chance to think about how we can all help the environment.
Here’s what we are doing at Yorkshire Wildlife Park to be more environmentally friendly:
- All of our disposable coffee cups (and lids) are 100% biodegradable
- 0% of our waste goes to landfill
- We only use 100% renewable green energy
- Our Vegware straws are 100% compostable
- We sell re-usable cups made from bamboo in our catering outlets, and offer a refill discount every time the cup is used instead of a disposable cup.
- We are now virtually free of single use plastic bottles, as we now sell cans of soft drinks and water in boxed cartons
- We are currently working with our key suppliers to reduce packaging on all products
- We are also trying reduce our carbon footprint further by reducing the number of deliveries coming into the park
- We only use sustainably sourced palm oil
- We turn off one of our main freezers during the winter season, so it isn’t using power for 4-5 months in off-peak times
Yorkshire Wildlife Park Foundation is also supporting groundbreaking climate change research, such as this fascinating recent study in Borneo.